Devils Advocate: Mega2560 or MB/DB combo

I was thinking that if I just used a HM for each pit it would be nice to have a single website to collate all the pits. I can see how this wouldn't work as it is written today because each website is the server. So I guess I'd just use a different tab in my browser per pit.

dave

Couldn't you do this now? A page (app?, seems like the correct word here) that displays data from different heatermeters in a single page? Can't you connect to the data, rather than the webserver (or parse the data & re-format it however you pleaes)? Something like how PidDroid connects, but with multiple tabs/graphs/sections? You wouldn't have config (could like to the individual pit data/config pages).

Perhaps a dumb question. Why not put the RFM12B wireless module on the Raspberry Pi? Couldn't the rPi then control/monitor multiple HeaterMeters/LMremotes? That takes the complexity of dealing w/ multiple boards out of the resource constrained AVR world and into the lush green fields of the rPi.

I see a nice setup with a master HM with attached rPi, and 1+ HM temp probes (lmremote?) floating out there collecting data and forwarding it back for the rPi to use as it desires.

It would still be constrained to listening on just one frequency so you'd have to work out a new way to pair lmremotes with their master (which output they should be following). You'd also still need to rewrite a major portion of the code that resides on the Pi as well as all this new code. It's a whole lot of work and I don't really see what the advantage is.

Back