Desserts on the Grill

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
I would like for us to start a dessert thread where each who wants to can show us his favorite grilled dessert. I'll start off with grilled fresh pineapple slices marinated with brown sugar and cinnamon. Slap those slices on a direct grill (watch carefully so the sugar doesn't burn) flip once and plate. Put a dollop of good quality ice cream over the pineapple slice then micro plane some Lime Zest over the top after drizzling some marinade over the ice cream. The Marinade is a simple combination of the sugar, cinnamon, and pineapple juice. It is BEYOND good!!:D

Now, let's see YOUR dessert!

Dale53

Reminds me of a dessert that Steven Raichlen did on one of his shows where he spit-roasted a whole pineapple on a rotisserie, basting it with a glaze of butter and spiced sugar. I like your pineapple dessert because it looks just as tasty as Raichlen's, but a lot less work.

I like to make cobblers and crisps on the kettle. Basic indirect set up is easy to maintain a perfect 350 degrees. I use this same basic set up for all of those. Nice thing about crisps in particular is that you can make one out of about anything that is seasonal or on sale. Only thing you learn from experience is that depending upon the content, you might need to add either a little flour or corn starch to thicken.

IMAG1545_zpsf0dec3f6.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking desserts, I've done the pineapple and fresh peaches also, they are always a crowd pleaser. Will post pics next time, maybe this weekend. Thanks for sharing Robert and Don.

Robert, do you mind sharing your pineapple juice, cinnamon and brown sugar ratios for your marinade?

Briant;
I apologize for the slow reply. I didn't see this until today:o.

We used a fresh pineapple from the super market (the kind in a plastic container, cored, sliced and peeled). One half cup of light brown sugar and one teaspoon of cinnamon (Penzey's Spice's Cinnamon is a superior quality if you can get some). Pull apart the pineapple slices dip in the mixture and place in a large zip lock bag. Marinate in the refrigerator. The juices drawn from the pineapple becomes a mixture. We did these a couple of hours ahead. Then, just remove and lay on a hot grill (watch carefully as the sugar will burn if left on too long). When the grill marks are right, the pineapple is right. Apply the ice cream after it has cooled a bit but is still warm. Do NOT forget the lime zest - it is important for flavor as well as appearance.

Good smokin':wsm:

Dale53

Back