Defrosted pulled pork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bren H

TVWBB Fan
I took some frozen pulled pork from the freezer last night and it has now defrosted in the refrigerator, Im just wondering if it's safe to eat cold as it is or do I have to nuke it in the microwave to a high tempreture like I would other cooked meats? I just don't want to make anybody ill.

If you thoroughly cooked the pulled pork, kept it warm during its rest period, then got it into the reefer or freezer right away (ie., good sanitation practices), you should be safe to consume it cold. Lord knows I've consumed probably half a hog that way.

I vacuum seal my extras (when there are any) and then put in the fridge or freezer.

To warm, I don't like the microwave, but it works in a pinch. I put it into a pot with some sauce to reheat on the stove top.

Always remember that it's the toxins produced by bacteria that are responsible for food-borne illness. Heat can kill the bacteria, but cannot destroy the toxins that may be present in mis-handled food.

As long as your meat was handled properly prior to cooking, and cooked thoroughly you are fine. Doug already said it <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Always remember that it's the toxins produced by bacteria that are responsible for food-borne illness. Heat can kill the bacteria, but cannot destroy the toxins that may be present in mis-handled food <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back