Deck boxes, carts, and bbq storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done a few searches of the forum and couldn't find much on the topic. Sorry if I'm exibiting poor query skills.

I've been looking for something small to locate next to the WSM on the deck for storage and food prep. Size was important as I have a small deck. I decided on a Suncast BBQ/Gardeners cart. I can store almost 2 bags of charcoal underneath with room to spare for a chimney. A sliding drawer also holds my bbq tools and whatnot. Plenty of space on top for food prep and some additional storage.

B000063081.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I bought mine at kmart on sale this week for $70. (No affiliation with them.)

What are others using for backyard storage options?

Thanks,
George

Michael,

I hope to find out tonight. We had some shower activity during the past 24 hrs. I should be able to tell how water resistant it is. Water tight it is not. A nice feature of the storage areas on the top work area and shelf is that they all have drainage holes.

My biggest concern in NE is the humidity during summer and it's effect on my charcoal. I might have to get a tight sealing trash barrel for that.

FYI - Sears also carries Suncast if KMart doesn't have them in stock.

I'll report back tonight.

George

I've found a great, cheap accessory: $15 plastic box, usually sold to store fake Christmas trees. Abiut 3-4 feet by 2 feet, by 2 feet deep. I use it to store my wood chunks on my deck- everything stays dry. Top is curved so it does not catch water.

Also, saw in a catalog today something I really want: an outdoor sink. This one is made of the same stuff that rubbermaid bins are made of. It screws into a wall or mounts on a post. You hook your garden hose to it, and it has a slide on cover that doubles as a work surface. Price $80. I'll try and find the catalog if anyone is interested.

JM...I gotta get me something for my wood storage. That sounds about right.

Michael,
Heavy thundershowers last night and I'm happy to say the inside of the storage area on the Suncast was dry. It was still damp but the Kingsford I had stored in there lit fine at 10:30PM for the start of my shoulder cook.

George

Moe,
I just got back from picking up my cart. I think it's going to work well. At least my little outdoor table will get some relief for a while. Thanks for the tip.
Billy Gardner

Billy,

Your welcome. It is a really nice little unit. With the drawer in the top location, I can squeeze in two bags of charcoal, chimney, and a couple other items. In the drawer I'm storing my Polder, tongs, utensils, mitts, and other stuff.

George(moe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back