Decisions... Decisions...

Stephen Kline

TVWBB Member
My wife and I are right about to close on our first house, so we're finally going to have the outdoor space for a grill. I've been waiting for this moment for over 2 years. We use to live in nyc so we had no space for grilling.

I've been trying to decide on which weber to get. I was first drawn to S-420 Summit for obvious reasons, but the more I thought about it the more I tried to talk myself out of it b/c it's expensive.

Now I'm leaning towards the S-320 Genesis. It looks like Lowes put it on sale for $699 which seems like a great price for such a good grill. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the summit has but I think I can be happy with it.

Anyone have any thoughts? Is the Summit worth the extra $500 or $600?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is the Summit worth the extra $500 or $600? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Try looking at this way. Are you really going to use all those "Bells and Whistles" all the time? And you can buy a lot of meat for $500-$600.
This was posted yesterday in the Trading Post thread.
http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...30026584/m/989101776
I hope my $.02 helps and not adds any more confusion.

The only thing that I'm not crazy about on the Genesis is that the burner controls take up a lot of the work space on the right side. I don't think it's going to be a huge issue for me. I think at this point in my life I'm better off with the Genesis and the $500 as opposed to the summit.

This way in 20 years when it's time for a new grill, I'll swing for the summit and the bells and whistles.

Morning Stephen,

Actually, rumor has it that weber's new line of 2011 genesis is being released in a month or so. A lot of the bells and whistles you might enjoy are being incorporated on the new models.

Some of them include:

New Design Changes for 2011
- Front Mounted Control Panes with Cast Aluminum End Caps
- Heat Deflecctors (in cook box under the Flavorizer bars)
- Individual Electronic Ignition Modules at Each Burner
- Restyled Stainless Steel Work Surfaces with Cast Aluminum End Caps
- Soft Grip Control Knobs
- Sear Station Burner on E/EP-330's Only
- Wind Deflectors (under the control panel)
- Shroud Liner in all Stainless and Enamel Units

You might want to wait just a tad to see what develops.

Here's pictures as well: http://www.thegreathardwaresto...ur...rill-s/2310.htm

I don't usually wait for technology but you might care to.

I love my genny now so I have no urge to switch.

Good luck on your quest,

elliot

I have had my Gennesis a long tome (12 years) and absolutely love it. I cannot imagine paying another $500 and not getting any real advantages.

Ray

I guess it might be a good idea to wait and see what the 2011 models look like. But then again if I wait I might miss out on the sale on the 2010 models. I'm leaning toward just ordering the 2010. Thanks for the thoughts and comments everyone, I'll let you guys know what I end up buying and I'll post some pics
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I bought a Genesis CEP-310 last year and I think it's great. Didn't need what the Summit offered.

The new design looks really good. With those burner controls on the front I would guess the burner orientation has changed too.

Back