Danish Pork Ribs

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

These are on sale for $10 for a 10lb box at my local Kroger. I have never tried these. Are they worth smoking?

There was quite abit of discussion about them last year here. Try a search on Danish, it should come right up. Kinda smallish, if I remember.

Safeway had them for the same price about a year ago and I tried them. There was very little meat on them and to me, they tasted fishy!!!!!!
I would not buy them again even with the "hot" price. I buy my meat at a Cash n' Carry close to me and last Saturday I paid $3.99 lb for St. Louis cut ribs. There were four racks in the package and the whole package weighed 10#. My "little boy", the professional rugby player was on vacation from England and polished off one whole rack himself. The rest of us showed some restraint and saved some for leftovers. He says he can't get anything like the ribs we smoked, in England.

Baby backs are on sale at our local grocer (tomorrow only) for 2.99/lb. Anyone know how "fresh" BBs freeze? What's the best method. I won't be able to use them this weekend.

Joe, I saw that in the ad last night also. Im gonna stop and load up after work. I believe if you wrap them in plastic wrap very tight, put them in freeze bags and use them within a few months they should be ok. Interested in others comments who have done this. I'm in Crystal Lake. Maybe we'll get together and smoke something someday?

Wow...just looked at the ad for the local slaughter house and they have fresh spares for $1.89 ber pound. Figures, I bought 15lbs this week.

Joe and Brian.....

If you don't have a vacuum sealer, the secret is to have the plastic wrap TOUCHING the meat in all places. This effectively puts a barrier between the meat and any air.

I used to lay out the wrap, place the rack on it bone side up, then carefully "rock" the rack to cover the meat side and use my hands to smooth the wrap on the bone side.

You won't get 100% of the rack covered, but you will be close!

Good Luck!

Thanks Stogie
I'm feeling pretty good about myself, because that is the approach i used. Didnt rock it as you mention but made sure i had good coverage on the meat, and wrapped it in tight on the bone side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back