Dallas BBQ restraunts?

Tom Raveret

TVWBB Pro
Business is going to take me to Dallas for 5 days in a week or so (provided Rita dosen't mess it up too bad that is) and I have never been there. Can anyone recommend good BBQ restraunts I shouldn't miss while there. for that matter I'd be open to any other regional food thats really good and maybe a steak joint recommendation as well. Thanks

Tom--

Look here.

Additionally:

Angelo's
2533 White Settlement Rd
Fort Worth

Back Country
6940 Greenville Ave
Dallas

Red Hot & Blue
9810 N Central Expy
Dallas

Steakhouses:

Al Biernat's
4217 Oak Lawn Ave
Dallas--a must try--spendy

Kirby's Steakhouse
3525 Greenville Ave
Dallas

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
5251 Spring Valley Rd
Dallas

Tex-Mex/Other:

Mansion on Turtle Creek Restaurant
2821 Turtle Creek Blvd, Mansion on Turtle Creek Hotel
Dallas--arguably the best restaurant in Texas--very spendy--jackets required(!)--the veranda is a great place to get a table if it's nice out--reservations required

Monica's Aca Y Alla
2914 Main St
Dallas,

Take a look at Dallasfood.org for one person's reviews of several local places. My personal favorite is Baker's Rib's. FYI, a lot of people will tell you to try Sonny Bryan's, which is the most famous local chain, but it changed owners several years ago & is now way over-rated.

For steaks it's hard to beat III Forks. For Tex-Mex I really like El Fenix for enchiladas, or Posados for fajitas.

Greg

Traveled through the MetroPlex this summer
We eat ate at chain place near the freeway
near the Airport
Something like SaltGrass Steakhouse
Anyway GREAT food Great service enjoyed the surprise of a chain being that good

I just moved to Dallas from Austin and found that the Q here wasn't quite as good (for my tastes), which is why I got my WSM in the first place. I wanted to replicate some of the best hill country Texas BBQ I had eaten. Luckily, the WSM works great for that, and I am now eating plenty of (my own) great BBQ.

I have tried Sonny Bryan's, Randy White's, Sammy's, Pappas Bros, and a couple others I can't remember since I moved here a year ago. I haven't tried Baker's. I found most of them to be edible, if but mostly not outstanding BBQ. The only one I back to is Sonny Bryan's because it is easier than whipping up my own. I have been to Saltgrass and it is a good steakhouse.

If you are looking for an indulgent meat experience, go to one of the Brazillian restaurants like Fogo de Chao or Texas de Brazil. They are quite amazing.

If you do find a great BBQ restaurant here, please let me know. I need the Q.

Back