Customer response times from Rocks, well they rock.

Gerd H

TVWBB Super Fan
I ordered a Stoker from Rock's a few weeks ago. I am compelled to share a few thoughts now, before I post about my set up experience and how I am using it.

When I ordered, they advised me a portion of my order would not be in until later the next week.

I sent an email maybe a week to ten days after ordering to check the status. I received a reply to my email, in LESS THAN 10 minutes. The respoinse was virtually immediate, and they advised me the order would ship March 23rd.

A day or two later, I received a shipping number, indicating my kit was already on the way. What a pleasant surprise - ahead of schedule.

My order arrived today in the mail, again ahead of schedule.

After opening the box today, I had one request and a question, so I again sent them an email. I had a response in LESS THAN TEN minutes again!

Folks, communication with Rocks has been QUICK! I understand I am just one consumer, and one example, but this is the typre of communication customers love.

Again, I'll need some time for a write-up on the unit itself, but I wanted to get my recent experience with Rock's BarBQue communication out there.

Gerd, our units must have been made at the same time.

Count me in as another satisfied customer. I had read some of the OLDER posts about long wait times, slow responses and was a little worried when I placed my order via telephone on 08MAR. Kenny told me that they were backed-up about 2 weeks which wasn't bad considering what I had read previously. We aren't competing in our next contest (Tri-State BBQ Festival, Dothan, AL) until the second weekend of April.

I got an email from Rock's late Saturday night (20MAR) saying the order had shipped. Needless to say I was ecstatic – I did my "happy dance" with my wife and yellow Lab giving me that funny, "he's crazy" look. It arrived yesterday afternoon (22MAR) … exactly 2 weeks, as promised.

My ONLY complaint is that the 3 racks of ribs and family pack of chicken thighs I took out of the freezer and put in the fridge on Sunday morning are still frozen solid. I wasn't expecting the Stoker to arrive so soon after shipment. DARN you Rock's BBQ!!!
icon_wink.gif

Rocks has a fantastic product, and I'm quite happy to hear that they've gotten at least a few of their old issues resolved. I've been fortunate enough to have experienced this new level of service... I called to ask a quick question, and was surprised when it was answered on the first ring, and got an immediate answer to my question.

You guys at Rock's Really Rock!
Thanks for your product and service.

I ordered my Stoker in Feb. and they said 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. Got mine in 2 weeks. Also when I have emailed them they respond very quickly. I am very happy with Rocks so far.

i ordered mine on the 3rd and it got shipped on the 19th. However mine is somewhere in international mail limbo. Hoping to get it early next week so i can use it on the long weekend.

I think John has finally hired a new guy for customer service. I shipped a bad probe in a few weeks back and got a new one within a week. When I called to ask if I needed a RMA I got an answer on the first ring and it wasn't John. This leads me to believe it's no longer a 1 man operation.

With this forum for Tech Support (mostly network/computer issues unrelated to the device itself) and a good CS response I think he is poised for growth.

-rob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RobM (YankeeRob):
With this forum for Tech Support (mostly network/computer issues unrelated to the device itself) and a good CS response I think he is poised for growth.

-rob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is not 'poised' for growth, he is in the middle of it!
icon_biggrin.gif

Well then, maybe I'll pitch our team to be a sponsor. we do at least 10 comps a year and 6 of those are with his main competitor onsite.

-rob

I emailed this morning and I got a quick reply from Kenny.Maybe his cs is taking a turn for the better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RobM (YankeeRob):
Well then, maybe I'll pitch our team to be a sponsor. we do at least 10 comps a year and 6 of those are with his main competitor onsite.

-rob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rhythm 'n QUE is very proud to be counted among Rock's Bar-B-Que's "Luminaries".

I have had great customer service as well when I emailed about my long bootup times. I sent an email and then expected to try repeated calling based on previous posts, but Kenny replied with a spot on fix within an hour IIRC.

I was stoked
icon_smile.gif
to say the least at the customer service.

Kg

Back