1 TB. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. turmeric
RICE AND GARNISHES:
3 cups hot cooked white rice
2 TB. lime juice
2 to 4 TB. chopped fresh cilantro
Fresh cilantro
Lemon and lime slices

1. Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 8x8 or 12x8 baking dish. Heat oil in medium skillet over med-high heat until hot. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Reduce heat to medium. Add spinach and remaining filling ingredients; cook and stir 5 min. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. Pound breasts until 1/4" thick. In small bowl, combine the lime juice, butter and turmeric. Mix well. Brush smooth side of each breast with mixture; turn each piece over and spread unseasoned side evenly with 3 TB of filling. Starting with short side of chicken breast, roll up tightly. Place seam side down in greased dish.
3. Bake at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Cool 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/2" slices. To serve, place cooked rice on serving platter. Arrange slices, slightly overlapping, on rice. Sprinkle 2 TB. lime juice and chopped cilantro over chicken and rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro, lemon and lime slices. 6 serving

Source : Pillsbury 1994 Bake Off (36th) Sharada Patil-Rochester, New York

Tonight's dinner is going to be left overs of this recipe, but DH is going to make a gravy to go with it. Did anyone try it yet?

I have not but it has my attention. Although I will omit the cilantro in the rice as we do not get along. I mentioned it to my wife and she seems on board. I'll update should we go for it.

Hi Gary, I think I enjoyed tonight's dinner with the leftover than the first night. DH cooked egg noodles instead of the rice and with the gravy, it hit the spot. Hope you give it a try.

Back