Critters

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This may be a silly question, but has anyone found that critters are attracted to meat smoking in the yard all night? My smoker will be located out in the open with nothing between it and hordes of the darkness...

I always think the heat will keep them from trying too hard to get whatever is inside the WSM. However, yesterday, I made the mistake of leaving my gloves (neoprene) laying on the picnic table after flipping my ribs. When I tried to find them later, one was missing. I found it in the yard covered in dog slobber.

Howdy Ben.
I have a second floor condo and about the only critter that could get to mine would be a squirrel if it could jump 10 feet. Not much to worry about there.
As far as ground pests go, it seems to me that unless one stuck its' nose on the cooker it does'nt generate enough heat to be a deterrant. Rub against it with a fur coat and you would'nt notice a thing. Any animal of minimal stature could easily knock over the smoker. In my area racoons would be the suspect party. Curious little things, and devilish. Don't know a coon could jump as far as a squirrel so I'm safe.
I have noticed the nasty types of bees appear to like the smell. (I thought smoke made them mellow) Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back