Crimson red vs special edition red kettle

Jeremy Adamson

From my understanding the special edition red kettles from a couple years ago aren’t Crimson red correct? I’m looking to get a crimson red kettle but the shade of red seems to vary from site to site. If you own this grill can I see some pics of yours in different lighting. Thanks

No, crimson is much darker and flatter. And shorter.

The Limited Edition is bright and shiny.

color is hard to determine with photos online vs in person, the crimson is entering a burgundy tone ...I like it, though not as shiny and bright as the normal red .... and with black hardware it looks great ...someone else posted a crimson red performer in a thread in the kettle section that I thought looked fairly accurate

txst-perforner-pic-3-jpg.47613

Definitely don't go buy the websites. Ordering a crimson online they make it look really bright and most definitely not-crimson lol.

I have a crimson that I am going to mount in a table I am cleaning up and refinishing, and I '77 red head. I can (try and remember to) take some pics of them side by side for you and post them if you want to see the difference.

Although I do wish it wasn't such a matte finish, I do really dig the crimson.

Finally remembered! Better late than never I guess lol.
The left is my 2014 Crimson OTG ("Rita"), and the right is my '77 red head ("Ginger").
The thing I like best about these two is the blush when they heat up. The crimson turns damn near plum, and the red turns damn near crimson lol.
Not sure if the red LE blushes or not.
Photobomb by Joe.....
20220411_145444.jpg

Back