Craigslist Score

Andrew Booth

I just picked up a Weber Genesis Platinum B for $60!!!!!

It's in great shape, dirty, but good shape. Only things wrong are one bad grate and the magnetic door latches don't seem to work.

Now, I gotta decide if I want to flip this one or sell my recently restored Beefeater for a decent sum. I am leaning toward keeping the Weber and selling the Beefeater, I am more familiar, and comfortable, cooking on a Weber.

Just thought I'd share, gotta be the best Clist score I've had to date.

Andrew,

Congrats. Nice to know someone here scored that beauty. I emailed the guy with in an hour of him posting it and he said it was already sold. You've got a quick trigger finger.

I've been on the look out for a nice gasser, but it seems like the only things in KC are old beat-up Genesis. If you do decide to flip it, email me and I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Enjoy!

I got really lucky on this one, normally I miss grill after grill, but he said the first person to show up with cash would get it. So I left work early picked up cash, and picked up the grill.

I have decided I probably will flip the Weber in order to pay for having the body of the Beefeater restored with a new porcelain coating. I'm, not sure what I'm going to ask yet, might be too high for what you want, but we'll see.

I've seen a lot of Genesis Silver A's pop up for little money. There was one for $35 in Raytown, it's probably still available since I decided to pass on it last week. Only two burners, but I had one for a while and they are a solid little grill.

If you send me your email I'll kick any deals I see to you. You can email me at andrew.kc AT gmail.com.

Good luck!

Back