Cover "crunchy"?

AndySo

TVWBB Member
First of all, I have a problem, even if I grew 2 more arms I still now have more Webers than arms..... all thanks to all of you.

Last night I got my hands on a Q2000 that may have been used 2-3 times total, the lid was just barely dirty and the grate looks like it had cooked 2 burgers on it (just 2 spots of buildup). Its all taken apart to be cleaned up right now with some soapy water and degreaser to clean off the dust and what little grease buildup was on it.

It came with a weber cover for it, however the cover has turned "crunchy"? Don't know how to best describe it but you can literally hold it up by one end like a super over-starched shirt. It crunches like a bag of chips. There's no tears on it and the elastic appears to be still elastic. Is there a fix for this or is the cover done for?

Done for. Probably sat outside for 4-5 years covering the grill and never taken off. It is very common for Q and regular Weber grill covers. If it still intact, then just keep using it until it cracks.

Done for. Probably sat outside for 4-5 years covering the grill and never taken off. It is very common for Q and regular Weber grill covers. If it still intact, then just keep using it until it cracks.
This!!!
As long as they're not cracked, it's pretty convenient. They slide right on, no fuss, no muss!

I have always thought that Weber would have made a plastic cover that kind of snapped in place on the handles and covered the whole grill nicely.

Back