Couple of questions

Jon Teague

Looking for a quick bit of help. I don’t frequent the boards often so I apologize if this has been covered.

My 4.3 took a nasty fall the other day and I know I knocked the jack for the power cable a little loose. Not only that with the thermocouple in I have a 433° reading. And a 6 ° reading without it plugged in (problem follows with a new thermocouple)

My servo was already acting out of turn prior to the fall but I can get around that. Any advice?

I was going to the store to build another but saw it was closed up unfortunately. Damn supply chain 🫤

It sounds like it has multiple problems with connections. It may just needs a good cleaning and if that doesn't help, then you will need to look over the board and see if there are any bad connections and soldering.

I havent had a ton of time lately to look into it. I did end up getting the Thermoworks system to run. I havent 86'd anything or the idea of bringing it back to life. Just busy with 3 kids (thats the reason I built it in the first place) Ill start going through with a meter at some point.

I havent had a ton of time lately to look into it. I did end up getting the Thermoworks system to run. I havent 86'd anything or the idea of bringing it back to life. Just busy with 3 kids (thats the reason I built it in the first place) Ill start going through with a meter at some point.
Oh, I know the feeling, I have two kids of my own, a daughter thats 5 years old and a son that is 7. My daughter thinks she is the boss and can do anything she wants. Today, she called me at work from her Tablet to tell me she was mad that I brought home vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate ice cream. She asked me to stop on the way home to buy some, lol.

I would rule out programming, as long as all the settings are correct. It could have been a solder joint that was making connection prior, but it could have broken from the shock of it hitting the ground. Give it a good cleaning and take a hot soldering iron over the connections, especially for the thermocouple components to see if that makes a difference.

Wanted to follow up with this. I found another thread with the exact same issue (https://tvwbb.com/threads/pit-reading-400°f-when-plugged-in-k-thermocouple.88654/) So I tried a different power supply and that wasnt the issue, the original checks out anyhow. Gave the board a good scrub, dried still nothing. In my line of work we actually do board level repairs. One of my techs looked over it and got my back light to turn back on with a quick flow of solder but couldnt find anything else. I have reflowed solder on almost all of the board and still have the same issue.

Format and re install newest firmware and it takes (although it wont connect to my wifi yet, working on that still)

Im starting to think that when it took a tumble that it may have arced and I have a short somewhere. Still open to ideas to revive, ill keep after it over the weekend.

Of
Wanted to follow up with this. I found another thread with the exact same issue (https://tvwbb.com/threads/pit-reading-400°f-when-plugged-in-k-thermocouple.88654/) So I tried a different power supply and that wasnt the issue, the original checks out anyhow. Gave the board a good scrub, dried still nothing. In my line of work we actually do board level repairs. One of my techs looked over it and got my back light to turn back on with a quick flow of solder but couldnt find anything else. I have reflowed solder on almost all of the board and still have the same issue.

Format and re install newest firmware and it takes (although it wont connect to my wifi yet, working on that still)

Im starting to think that when it took a tumble that it may have arced and I have a short somewhere. Still open to ideas to revive, ill keep after it over the weekend.
If you like, you can send it to me, I will look it over and see if I can get it running for ya. Parts are free, just shipping cost nothing else.

John, I would love to send you a few and pay for your time.

Neither I nor my bench techs can figure it out… I’ll pack in all the spare parts I have accumulated over the years as well.

Back