Country Syle Ribs

Gerry D.

TVWBB Pro
What actual cut is this and what is the best way to cook them. I'm on vacation and don't have my WSM. Just one of the cheapo grills that come with shore houses. The kind with no lid. I was thinking about braising them in the oven @ about 225 and then making a glaze from the drippings and braising liquid and finishing them on the grill so the glaze can carmelize. Any other suggestions? This is what happens when you don't go shopping yourself. I asked for BB's or spares.

They also can be cut from the blade end of the loin. If cut too close to the center of the loin they'll look--and be--leaner.

Your plan sounds fine. Consider upping your braising temp substantially unless you really need to milk the time. You can braise successfully in the mid-upper 300s till shy of done--probably about 1-1.25 hours, depending on thickness (check them sooner than later), then move the ribs to indirect heat on the grill while you make the glaze, moving them to direct when they feel tender, then glazing. (If the grill is small and there's no room for indirect, simply pour out the glazing liquid when the ribs aren't quite yet done, return them to the foiled pan in the oven, and let them continue to cook while you make the glaze. Finish direct over moderate heat when the ribs are ready.)

Back