country style ribs

Mike Waid

TVWBB Member
Happy Friday Guys; I'm doing some BRITU *love um* and pork shoulder country style ribs boneless on the bottom grate, how long will the ribs take ya think? using BRITU temps 225 for 3hrs then up to 275.

Thanks Mike

Could be the same timing as what you're used to to maybe 30 min more. Hard to say as it depends on what 'done' is to you and where the 'ribs' come from (blade end of the loin or shoulder) and how thick they are. Test after the 4-hour mark and go from there. If they are lean consider pulling earlier than later. If the well-marbled you can go longer.

Thanks Kevin for the fast replay, yes these are much thicker tham the one's i have cooked in the past,its been 4.5 hr and not quite ready yet. I go by time but tear test is most important right?

Thanks Mike

I would put the country styles on the top rack. This way you will come closer to completing them at the same time as the spares.

Kevin, thank you. everything came out great. took just a little longer than I planed but that's ok. I did this cook at my repair shop for my guys and the smell was driving everybody crazy
wsmsmile8gm.gif
hehe, my cook was baby-backs,country style ribs,bush baked beans *smoked of course* then broke the WSM down and grilled asparagus after I rolled them in evoo salted and sprinkled with sesame seed, potato salad and for desert Pig Candy, What a great day .

Mike

Back