country style ribs?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have been reading this board for som time now and finally broke down and registered. I have the pleasure of working with Jim Minion so i dont have much need for any further advice. I have had a WSM for about 4 months and have cooked on it about 8-10 times now. Mostly pork. Jim is busy with a big cook in seattle this weekend so i dont want to bug him so i thought i would ask some of the other pros out there. It was kind of a late decision to cook today so i didnt have time for a pork butt. I decided on country style ribs thinking that the cook time would be a lot shorter. I guess my question is what kind of time frame am I looking at and what kind of results have others had? I plan to have the ribs on by 9:00 and am hoping to finish around 4:00. I am going to try to keep the temp right at 250. Thanks in advance for any input. All advice is greatly appreciated. Monty

Seven hours might be too long. You want them to be tender, but not dried out. If you click on Search above, and enter country style ribs, limiting your search to the Beginner's Forum, you'll get several discussions on them, along with more ideas on times and techniques.

I've done country ribs several times and 7 hrs would be too long. The best way to test is with a meat fork for tenderness. I'd recommend spraying with apple juice etc every hour or so for moisture. Some people use foil late in the cook to try to retain more moisture. The key is to cook them to tenderness, but not beyond. Also, be careful on how much smoke you use because they will suck it up.

Good luck.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back