Costco Meats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone

TVWBB Super Fan
What's your thought on Costco meats? I've always been happy with them. Last weekend I cooked up four slabs of ribs from Costco and two chickens. The ribs were some of the meatiest I've had.

Costco meats are great. That's where I get my pork butts, ribs, pork loins, and tri-tips. They don't carry brisket though, so I have a Sam's Club membership for that.

Where I live in Southern California, Costco carries Foster Farms chickens, while Sam's Club carries Tyson chickens. The Foster Farms chickens are better. Costco's ribs are the best, especially the baby backs. They have pork butts if you ask for them, and they have brisket flats (the ones in the case have all the fat cut off, but if you ask the right guy they can get you a flat in the cryovac that still has the fat on it.) I haven't had much luck cooking just the flats, so I stick with packer briskets, usually either from Albertson's, Food 4 Less, or Smart & Final. Costco beef is Choice, while the other places have Select. The Latino market here (Vallarta) has good pork butts, not injected, and they're on sale a lot.

I haven't seen Food 4 Less, Smart and Final or Cash & Carry (is that what it's called) in NY. The Costco out near Huntington LI had boneless shoulders, which I didn't buy. The guy said he had whole briskets (point & flat), but I decided to stick with ribs for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back