Cost of brisket?

Ron F

TVWBB Fan
Called Sams they want $2.76lb. Is that in the ball park? I've only done one brisket and I don't remember at all what I paid. That is the cryovac price, not case price.

Does anyone know how many come in a case?

thanks,
ron

Considering individual average weights and size, I would guess no more than about 6. For pork butt, Sam's considers the two-pack in cryovac a "case", or at least that's what they apply the case price to.

Thanks.

I don't remember about the pork butts either. I know they have the case price listed in the meat dept. but I never paid attention to if they actually applied the case price to the twin pack. The difference is usually about $.20 I think. Going after I leave work today so will find out then I guess..

Thanks,
Ron

My sams doesn't give the case price on cryovac of 2 butts. There are 4 cryovacs in a case.

I buy my briskets at wally world. Full packers are $1.53 which has went up they were $1.24 a couple of months ago. I think the flats at wally are $2.35 or so. I don't buy flats. That is why I don't buy from sams. My sams refuses to stock packers. I don't understand the theory on that. Every once in a while I will go there and see full packers and they always seem to sell. When I asked about that they say that is what the warehouse sent. Probobly were out of flats.

Around here the briskets don't seem to sell real well. Whenever I go into walmart I go check the sell by date on the briskets. I make sure to go back the day before the sell by date. They usually have them marked down 30%. This was great a couple of months ago before they raised the prices. Brisket for under a $1 a pound. Now that the briskets are in the $1.50 range 30% takes them down to what the normal price was a few months back. Oh well a deal is a deal.

Just came back from Wall Mart, $1.48/lb
Went to another "local" store, they wanted $3.47/lb for a packer. I asked the butcher "are you sure that's not the price for the flat", and he said that's their price for the whole packer. And they wonder why people choose Wall Mart.

Back