Corn on the Cob

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
DH bought some fresh corn the other day and while deciding what Weber cookbook to use next, I thought I would check out Weber's Ultimate Grilling cookbook. And sure enough, they have just what I was looking for.

Corn on the Cob with Chile Oil and Lime

Chile-spiked oil:
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ancho chile powder or prepared chili powder
1/4 tsp. sweet or hot paprika

4 ears of corn, husked
1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Maldon salt (optional)

1. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400 TO 450F). In a small bowl whisk together the oil ingredients. Brush the corn evenly with about 2/3 of the seasoned oil.
2. Grill the corn over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until browned in spots and tender, 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. During the last 1 to 2 minutes of grilling, lightly baste the corn with the remaining seasoned oil. Remove from the grill and squeeze a wedge over each ear. Garnish with cilantro and Maldon salt if using. and serve.

And here is the recipe I will probable be able to eat. lol Variation.......

Mexican Style

Husk the corn and rub very lightly with oil. Grill the corn as directed. While warn, spread mayonnaise over each ear of corn, about 1 TB. for each. Sprinkle the corn with 1/3 cup Cotija cheese, 2 tsp. prepared chili powder and 1 TB. chopped fresh cilantro.

Source: Weber's Ultimate Grilling

I’ve not tried this method before but it sounds like a one bite flavor explosion with the citrus notes from the cilantro mixed in with punch from the chili powder while the cotija lends salty background notes against the bittnerness of the lime wedges.

Back