Copper Mist 22 1/2" Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Collins

Found this oldie today at a scrapper's place and got it for free. I didn't know until I started doing some research that it's pre-1970.
image11-e1318551786825.jpg

I actually got it for the lid to use for my UDS but now am thinking restoration. I need to go back and see if the legs, wheels and ash catcher are there.
image8-1-e1318551415646.jpg

Any ideas on how old it actually is or when the Copper Mist color was in production?

Nice score Kim! I hope you are able to get the rest of the parts. I'm sure someone here can give you a really close date on it.

Kim, the "Pat Pending" stamp on the lid vent suggests that your lid, at least, was manufactured between November 1968 and November 1970. It seems reasonable to assume that the bowl is of similar vintage.

That's a nice specimen in a hard to find color. I hope you are able to retrieve the legs and wheels, and that old-school big aluminum saucer ash-catcher with the cut-outs for the kettle's legs. Even if the scrapper doesn't have them, that is certainly a worthwhile restoration project. Good luck.

Hey W Ender, I think your color is different than the one that Kim found. Yours is much older with almost an "orange" hue to it. I think Kim's is what we all call "brown" on this site. Both nice grills though!

Thanks for all the information. I'm going by his place this morning to check for the rest of the parts and have my fingers crossed.
I'm not sure on the color. It is brown around the bottom part of the lid but is more copper colored everywhere else. It's a keeper whatever color it is.

Well no luck on the legs and wheels. I did notice while cleaning it up today that the grill does not have the holes for the thumbscrews to secure the legs in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back