Coolest thing I've ever smoked

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Would really be interested in anything specific done for the prep. Would you brine these? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have to check if they were brined or not. I know he said he was going to brine them (or they were brined initially).

He opened the cheeks and removed a considerable amount of glands. I've pulled lymph nodes out of jowls, but this was more extensive, and possibly salivary glands (now that I think about it).

Some remaining hair was burned off and he oiled and salted it. We roasted it at high heat in an oven prior to smoking it. The initial high heat was intended to help crisp the skin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wonder what it would take to start one here.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

say what you want about facebook, but it all started from a group my friend started called Buffalo/Niagara Foodies.

I had the idea of the club for sometime, but it didn't really develop until I partnered up with this local chef.

I think if you can find a local professional that can assist you, you should have no problem getting something going.

I'm impressed by what we established with our first meeting. I can't believe Buffalo is unique in that regard. I'd be willing to bet there are people in every city eager for an opportunity like this.

I Love it...Well i love to LOOK at the pics...Not really my kind of food. Sumthing with eating meat that looks right back at ya. One of the coolest posts 2012. And cooked by you i would taste it,But there the adventure will stop!
icon_smile.gif

Oh, Boy !!! I hope you and your chef can get a prep-roast-smoke recipe up for us.There truly are times when the WOW factor can be fun and pick up the eat.... I know the crowd will thin out when the lid comes off........but, hey....life is not for sissies. Can't wait...

Back