Cooking Times: Potato, Corn Cobb, Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Lynch

TVWBB Member
Hi All,

Getting ready for my first cook and was hoping to get some advice regarding cooking times for some extras to go with my ribs. How about a general idea of how long to keep a few baked potatoes and ears of corn on the smoker? This site also mentions an apple stuffed with Snickers appetizer and I'd love to get an idea of how long to keep those guys on for. Thanks in advance!

Hi KLynch,

I cooked 3 racks of baby back ribs last weekend, along with 5 ears of corn -- they all turned out great. I'm sure you'll have success as well, just look around on this site for advice on the ribs. For the corn, I bought fresh unshucked ears at the local supermarket. I removed the corn silks then applied butter around all sides of the corn. I then rewrapped each ear of corn in the stalk leaves, then wrapped in aluminum foil. About 1 hour before dinner I put the ears of corn on the bottom rack. The WSM was hovering around 250 for the final hour, and the corn came off after about 1hour 15min or so. It was cooked near to perfection, excellent flavor. You could probably let it go for longer without any problems.

Good luck with your cook !

I did 6 racks of ribs and made the apples with Milky ways for dessert. I put the Fuji apples in after the ribs came out. Two hours later they came out and were great. Next time I'm going to try to add a little cinnamon to the recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back