Cooking time for backs and spares together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike U

TVWBB Member
I was planning on doing a couple of racks of spares and backs together just to give my eaters something to compare and contrast.

As far as cooking times go, I was thinking of putting the spares on the top rack for about 1 1/2 or so, then moving them to the bottom and putting the baby backs on the top for about another 6 hours or so with temps of 225 on the top grate throughout.

Does this sound about right? I know there's no hard and fast rule but I just wanted to get them to finish up around the same time.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike
It sounds like a good plan to me. I think you have your times down correctly. just remember:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I know there's no hard and fast rule <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think it will turn out well. with only a couple slabs (Im asuming of each type of rib) it shouldnt be to hard to check the spares on the bottom grate.

Have a geat time.
Jim

Mike,

Check the baby backs after 5 hours and the spares after 6. My own results showed that longer than that and the meat fell off the bone and made a mess for eating.
Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back