Cooking grate on Master Touch

RichardOinVic

Not sure if my new Master Touch has a small issue with the cooking grate. I know that one can rotate the grate 360 Deg. with tongs, but the bottom of the grate handles catch on the tabs that support the grate. It appears where the ends of the handle attach to the grate is...guessing..a heavy 1/16" past the underside of the grate...therefore when trying to rotate the grate it catches on the tabs....annoying as I have to pick up the grate and move it past the tab and then I can continue the rotate.

Anyone else have this issue,

cheers,

Richard

That's a common problem on any kettle, not just the MT.
there was a fix for that but I'm drawing blanks.

Last edited:
Not sure if my new Master Touch has a small issue with the cooking grate. I know that one can rotate the grate 360 Deg. with tongs, but the bottom of the grate handles catch on the tabs that support the grate. It appears where the ends of the handle attach to the grate is...guessing..a heavy 1/16" past the underside of the grate...therefore when trying to rotate the grate it catches on the tabs....annoying as I have to pick up the grate and move it past the tab and then I can continue the rotate.

cheers,

Richard
Slow n Sear makes an “Easyspin” grate that addresses the problem.

The stock cooking grates on some weber grills are not the best. They are cost optimizing rather than optimizing for quality. One could remove the material that's causing the grate to catch when you spin it, BUT unless you have 304 stainless (non magnetic) grate material, you might be opening yourself up to some corrosion issues in the future. I agree with Keith, the best solution is to purchase a new grill grate if you really want to spin the grate.

cheers,

Richard

I had the same issue. My first fix was to grind down the pieces that interfered. It worked.

I have since invested in the new Hunsaker Super Heavy Duty Grate. The handles are designed differently, and I don't have to deal with Weber's GBS center section falling out. It's expensive (currently $95), but I love it.

super-heavy-duty-food-grate-for-22-kettle-0275-stainless-steel-heavier-than-14-914328.jpg

Slow n Sear makes an “Easyspin” grate that addresses the problem.
Sometime ago purchased the excellent SNS Easy spin grates for my Weber Performer Deluxe and my Weber Master Touch Grills. Spinning 360 degrees with these grates is “muy facil”.

Back