Cooking for the bosses family

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

I am helping my boss move this weekend and he has enlisted me to cook some pork butts for lunch. (I did pulled pork for the Super Bowl and he wants me to work my magic again.) I am cooking three pork butts, one 7.50 lbs, one 6.70 and the other 7lbs. With 28 lbs of meat, how much extra time do I need to add to the cooking process? (210-250 degree range)Planning on eating at noon on Saturday.

You shouldnt need to add any. Except the time to rub, and shread 3 butts instead of 1. I would plan 14-17 hours and make sure you get those babys to 195 interanal.

Rick is, as usual, spot on. The only thing I'd add is that with a mass of that size it might take a bit longer to reach your target cook temp as the larger mass will absorb more heat than, say, a single butt. After that, smooth sailing; the cook time should not be any longer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">get those babys to 195 interanal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rick,

Laughed out loud at your spelling of "internal"!

I am an "analytical" type sometimes but my wife says sometimes I am "anal-lytical" - so your spelling got me LOL.

Ray

Back