Cooking Briskets and Butts the Day Before

Tim Rahto

TVWBB Member
I am busily gearing up for the big Smoke Day this Saturday, but I have a couple of questions. First, I am planning on cooking my briskets and pork butts up the day before and serving them on Saturday, but I am not exactly sure how to go about doing this. How would you store them so they don't dry out? How would you reheat them?

If anyone has any advice on this I would greatly appreciate it. The smoker can only hold so much you know, and Saturday is ribs day.

I have cooked the day before and reheated.
The butt, I would go ahead and pull on friday after cooked and cooled to handle, then put into pan with any juices you can use to heat up saturday. If needed add a little apple juice to make sure it won't dry out.

The brisket, after foiling (if you do) then I would keep it in the foil whole, and so it stays in its juices. Then heat whole on Saturday, and slice when ready.

Others may have different or better opinions.

Edit: Oh, and for some reason I was planning on smoke day being Monday
icon_confused.gif
, so I better reevaluate my menu and cook days.

I am doing my sons graduation party saturday. I did 8 butts saturday and vacumn sealed and froze. Will use my turkey deep fryer to reheat in boiling water and then from there to disposable chaffing dishes. I am useing the the throw away containers for hot as well as my cold food sides. There cheap and no clean up.

Back