Convert gasser from Natural to LP?

Ken Irwin

TVWBB Member
Saw a Natural Gas Summit on CL this morning. Only downside it was a Natural Gas version & I'd need LP.
I'd assume I'd need to change some metering orifice, the regulator and connector hose (who knows what else?).
Is this a practical conversion?
How much are parts?

thanks,
Ken (from Atlanta)

Well I saw a similar thread in the Gas Grill section.
Weber doesn't want to sell conversion parts?
I guess that's why we don't have the cool gasser kit for kettles like they do in Australia.

Well to convert that in Ontario (legally) you would need to replace the hose and the valve assembly and then have it inspected by our Technical Safety Authority at a cost of $100/hr with a minimum of 3 hours probably.

In reality you need to change the hose to a lp hose with regulator and the orifices for the valves "if" they are changeable.The lp orifice is smaller than the ng orifice. You could get the proper size orifice bit, stick it in the orifice and then drip a bit of silver solder on the orifice to make it smaller.Make sure the brass on the valve is clean and put a bit of flux on it.

Part USED TO BE $65 from Weber but they don't sell them any more - probably too many people screwed up the simple disassembly and re-assembly, so the lawyers ( and I am one of that breed) got involved, so the rest is a sad history.

Pat

Back