Competition Ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to HAVE to try this! I am doing my best ribs ever on the WSM. "They must be fool proof".."The WSM"

Rick

Thank you so much Chris for posting this recipe. I can see why you won a competition with it.
These are BY far the best ribs i have ever had in my life. They were so tender.
This was my first thing i ever smoked with my weber smoker and it was definitly a winner. The only small modifications i made was:
1) add 50/50 mixture of water/applejuice to water pan
2) Didn't use as much wood (only used 1 large piece of hickory and 3 small pieces of mesquite

I got to admit during the second part of the recipe i was afraid to cook them for an hour more because by 3.5 hours the meat was already starting to seperate from the bone but i wanted to follow the recipe through so i did it exactly as intructed and im so glad i did. They definitly were not overdone. Perfect with a perfect smokey taste. I also smoked baked beans with bacon, bacon grease, ketchup, bbq sauce, and some ham. I smoke them the entire time with the ribs and they were out of this world too. I think this would rank as one of the best meals ive ever had. Here are some photos for your viewing enjoyment:

Wood I Used
Raw Slab i cooked
Ribs with rub on them
Done ribs 1
Done Ribs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back