Coffee Maker Cleaning

Have always been afraid to try these because I feared it would taste like candy canes or some other weird "spice" concoction and not coffee
That's what I was expecting...cinnamon something or another but no, it's just a decent dark roast and it was on sale. I try some of the different varieties Costco sometimes has in stock but I'm also leery of grabbing 2 lbs. of beans that are terrible because then you're stuck with lousy coffee. But this is a decent but unremarkable dark roast...comparable to the Kirkland Signature Roasted by Starbucks in the green bag.
Have a 3lb. bag of San Francisco Bay Coffee Company French Roast on deck and some Mayorga Cubano roast at the beach. I like both.

I used to pick up 2 oz bags of flavored coffee to try from the grocery store. Most were pretty disgusting. I decided my favorite was plain old Columbian coffee-black.

So, a dark roast, plain ol coffee? I have to hit Costco so I will check the pricing out. Also here, we have Kirkland dark roast but it's in a brown bag and nowhere on it does it indicate Starbucks. I bought some and am a little "so so' on it. Most dark roast I have seen/bought, when they're truly fresh kind of "glisten". But, this does not. Also not as aromatic as I would have expected. So I am a little hesitant to purchase again. Although can't argue with the price.

Just to clarify, they classify the Winter blend as a medium roast. Though, Starbucks "blonde", "medium", and "dark", are all darker than their descriptions if you go by artisan roaster standards. I do like their True North blend more than the others being a lighter roast person, but have never seen the beans outside of a Starbucks location.

These are the whole bean coffees that are almost always available at the Costco near us. I'd rate the French Roast last, just not as good as the other 3. The Colombian Supremo is our go to. It's consistently good...it's roasted by San Francisco Bay Coffee Co.
They do bring in others that are not routinely available like these.
1000009748.jpg1000009749.jpg1000009750.jpg1000009751.png

Looks good. Sam's we go to outside of Atlantic City has no whole bean coffee.
I will report how I like it. I don't think I have ever bought it before. I think I have 2 or 3 days of those Kirkland beans and quite honestly I am quite disappointed with them. Taste is not rich it's "sharp" but "flat" at the same time. I have tried it in 2 coffee makers, 2 different grinders, different grind settings, bloomed, not bloomed, and it just is leaving me "MEH". It's "OK" but not a cup I really look forward to.
This PM also I followed directions on the Breville to fully factory reset it. Until I downloaded the owner manual, I did not realize the settings got as granular as water hardness to adjust the flow and extraction.
So, I did that, and set it for the softest setting since I use the RO in it. So tomorrow we'll see how it does with that coffee

Back