Coconut Charcoal

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Diamond Member
My go to for order online bbq option emails on occasion.
Today they are offering me coconut charcoal from 950 Fahrenheit.
I have no knowledge but here is some snaps they are trying to sell me on.
Anyone tried this or similar?
Having an improved flavor profile sounds made up to me.............
The price also seems a bit high for 10.5 pounds.......my JD lump is $40 for 20 pounds....I don't care that they think 10 pounds of theirs equal 30 of " another brand ".

1722432592633.png

1722432610330.png

1722432681436.png

1722432705936.png

1722432724490.png

1722432823916.png

1722432749627.png

A tiny bit of research and it seems to me that this 950 company could very well be a Canadian company.
I have no proof at the moment........
I cannot access the site at work due to how they set up their website.....so I cannot check the ingredients. I was looking to see if there was any sort of binder materials or anything like that.
It would be interesting to give it a shot.....smaller boxes and if it did indeed burn longer it could take up less space in my storage area....aka garage.
I am sure someone around here has given it a run before, hoping someone notices the thread.

Have you seen it locally?
Nothing available here to my knowledge.
I ordered some “Pok Pok Thann” which says it is “Rambutan charcoal” but, it’s been sitting in its box waiting for the right cook.
I’m thinking due to its supposed long burn time it might be great for a “stick/skewer party” where everyone does their own kababs. Load them down the center of the kettle and have at it!

Last edited:
Have you seen it locally?
Nothing available here to my knowledge.
I ordered some “Pok Pok Thann” which says it is “Rambutan charcoal” but, it’s been sitting in its box waiting for the right cook.
I’m thinking due to its supposed long burn time it might be great for a “stick/skewer party” where everyone does their own kababs. Load them down the center of the kettle and have at it!
I haven't seen anything in person....the town I live in is fairly small and only a few retailers for charcoal.
I do order what I want from the city......rubs, sauces, acc.....ect are all free shipping if I bring the bill up to $100.
Charcoal always has a cost to ship but it is fairly cheap.
The pics I posted in the OP is from that city site.
I probably won't buy any....I have been using JD lump for so long now I can't change I don't think.

I just received some of that today from Dickson BBQ. Planning to cook some steaks tomorrow with it. Will report back with my findings.

Please do.....I am sure a few of us are curious.
Dickson BBQ isn't exactly very close to you........one could say it's right down the road but it's a very long road.....800km's or something.

Have only had the chance to do the one cook with them, but I'm impressed so far. They were easy to light with my torch, temps were easy to controll, pleasant smell, didn't leave a ton of ash, and lasted a long time. Most important, though, the steaks and a few other things people wanted me to cook turned out fantastic. Will keep experimenting with them as time permits. It does seem like a little will go a long way with them.

Back