Closing in on new Grill. questions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy Scarano:
It was so nice to see so many responses
icon_wink.gif

Ive pretty much concluded i will not get the side burner. on my silver i hardly used it due in part im sure of useing to myuch gas.

so now ill research the sear on the E-330. but am pretty sure ill end up getting the E-310.

as far as grates I am leaning Porcelain enameled cast iron grates. i have tried just cast iron in the past but i think i remember to much up-keep.

ill research SS grates though-

thanks for your help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Tommy,

Did you ever pull the trigger on the 310? Just curious on which grate set up you went with if you did. I can't decide between the SS or the porcelain cast either..

Tom im pretty sure about 99% im going SS. i cooked a steak today on my silver with two year old PCI grates and they look a little beat up. replaced them because my other set rusted out.

so SS will be my choice. now just trying to figure out if i want the sear station. dont care for the side burner.

I'm with ya Tommy...I was considering the sear station too but I am going to go without it. I am also going to go without the side burner so the 310 is my choice. I am leaning toward the SS grates too.

Hi Tom... Im a flip flopping
icon_wink.gif
Iv saved 650.00 and am now thinking of taking a run at the sear station EP330. defiantly going with the SS grates.

wont use the side burner to much but am a BIG BIG steak eater and know that ill use the searing all the time.

On a side note amazon has the Genny cover for 38.00 shipped. from all the latest reviews it does not have the side slits as pictured that caused some leaking-
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-75...D5E/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

If it's not too late, I'll share my $0.02 on grates. My Genesis had some ratty porcelain coated grates that were not cast iron. I replaced them with PCI and they lasted about a year before the finish started chipping and cracking. I would definitely go with SS.

E-310 owner here...

I'm extremely pleased with the grill so far. The cheesy flavorizer bars already have a little rust on them, but that's not a big deal; I expected them to fail within a few years. The PCI cooking grates have been a pleasant surprise. Unlike the crappy PCI grates of my previous Brinkmann grill, these are holding up just fine with no visible flaking of the porcleain yet. I figured that if/when they ever wear out, I can replace them with the SS rod grates and not spend much more than what the price difference in the grill was to begin with.

Everything I've tried on the grill has come out great - no matter what model you get, you will be very pleased.

Back