Cleaning

For my ep-310 i seem to have to clean her about once a year i dont keep track and do it at exactly a year but when i start getting fire flair ups thats when i know its time. Thats what i do, i feel that you clean it too often your just getting rid of flavor. Im just a noob but works for me

The most important thing to clean is the grease tray system. Let a little bit too much accumulate and oh boy will you get a fire. A fire so hot it can melt the cook box. The rest is more cosmetic than performance/safety. Clean that grease system out often (depending on your use) even once a week or every other week. My grills get used daily multiple times a day many times and so the last thing I want to see is an expensive cut of meat spoiled by the smell of that old grease catching fire. And trust me even if you think you've saved it once that smoke gets in it from old grease it isn't even fit for the dog. Yeah it tastes that bad

Depends on how ofter you use the grill and what you cook. as LMichaels said most importantly keep the grease trays clean. I use my grill from about April - Nov. at the end of the season I'll scrap out the firebox and shop vac it clean, make sure the grease trays a clean and bring the grates into the house. So far, so good.

It all depends on what you cook as well. I had to clean my EP330 after just 5 cooks. It seems that my forth of July cook of 40 lbs of chicken quarters and generous sprinklings of dry rub was enough to finally gunk it up real good. I had to remove big chunks of crusty gunk before I could even pull the drip pan.
it was all good though, she needed her inagural cleaning. One thing you should NEVER DO is line your drip pan or anything internal with aluminum foil. Kinks or tears can cause a grease accumulation and result in a pretty bad flare up.

Thanks for the input fellas. I use my grill about four or five times each week. My typical meats are steaks and sausages. The steaks usually leave the most grease because of being coated with olive oil in additional to the natural fats. Im thinking I will do a degreasing on sunday and probably every two months afterwards.

Back