Cleaning WSM

Kent Walker

(Hope this is in the right section).

I've been cooking with my WSM for about 6 months now. It leaked a lot of smoke and ran hot the first few times, but now holds the smoke and temperature nicely.

Because of that, I'm afraid to clean the inside! I brush out all the ashes and knock off anything that looks like it might fall onto my food, but other than that I leave it alone.

Is this ok?

Yes that's fine. I clean out ashes after each use. Change the sand in the pan every 2 or 3 cooks and after 10 or so cooks I take a water hose with low pressure and hose out the whole unit and good to go for awhile again.

Randy

A wadded up piece of aluminum foil used lightly like a piece of sandaper works nice to knock off the excess buildup in the dome and center section without getting rid of the "good" buildup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clark "Harbormaster" Hodgson:
A wadded up piece of aluminum foil used lightly like a piece of sandaper works nice to knock off the excess buildup in the dome and center section without getting rid of the "good" buildup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
2'nd'ed!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Greenia:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clark "Harbormaster" Hodgson:
A wadded up piece of aluminum foil used lightly like a piece of sandaper works nice to knock off the excess buildup in the dome and center section without getting rid of the "good" buildup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
2'nd'ed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And 3rd'ed.

Back