Cleaning porcelain enameled CI grates

Just like a cast iron pan. No wire brush or metal, only a plastic bristle brush if needed. Hand wash, soap is ok. Real seasoning won’t be affected by a quick soap wash.
I agree, but will say that if you use soap you can remove any oil from bare metal, which tends to leave the metal exposed to rust. That's why most for seasoned pans, the recommendation is to avoid using soap.

I agree, but will say that if you use soap you can remove any oil from bare metal, which tends to leave the metal exposed to rust. That's why most for seasoned pans, the recommendation is to avoid using soap.
A well seasoned pan won’t have bare metal. I don’t like to oil cast iron for storage, it tends to get rancid.

Thanks for both answers. The climate shouldn't be problem in our area here. I tried to go with your tips and I do think it helped to get it cleaner. However I still think I have a lot of big stuff on the grates that I don't manage to put down (even with brush when grill is very hot). I attach some photos from yesterday and the day before. Is it normal to have so much black pieces on food? Is this what is called carbon deposits?

The brushes from Libman. I see there are many different. Is it some special you would recommend for porcelain enameled CI grates?
Those do not look like porcelain coated to me. They look like straight up CI. If so just keep them well oiled after each use.

I never use metal brushes, I use this wooden spatula that has grooves…
I oli the grates at least once a month and owned grill since 2013…

Attachments

• D2E703F3-2930-47E1-8B21-BB3A3722C28C.jpeg
    D2E703F3-2930-47E1-8B21-BB3A3722C28C.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 9B6CC9DC-B70D-4EF5-B91D-EEF1D75DE931.jpeg
    9B6CC9DC-B70D-4EF5-B91D-EEF1D75DE931.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 6

Back