chuck roll and ribs!!!

John Heutz

TVWBB Fan
I'm so excited!!!! This afternoon I went to BJ's and picked up my smoke meat for our 4th of July BBQ!!! Looking to have about 10 folks over for supper saturday night. On the menue is a 17 lb chuck roll...bonus...it's a black angus and 36 lbs of pork spares!!!! The chuck roll is going on the cooker sometime friday morning and the ribs saturday am. Really looking forward to tasting the chuck roll as it's my first. Wish me luck!!! Happy 4th to all!!!!

Ok...gettin' started a bit late on the cook but it's all good. This has been the week from hell so I'm going to roll with the punches from here on in. Mixed up a martini, got some good tunes on and now it's time to relax and take things as they come. Mixin' some rub and the chuck roll goes on when it goes on.

53 pounds of meat for 10 guests and a martini at 11a.m.? Wow! This John character sounds like my kind of guy. If they were 10 of my friends coming over, you'd need 15 cases of beer too!
icon_wink.gif

Mango martini Scott and the folks coming over this weekend are really big fans of BBQ!!!! Plus we're all big guys all over 6'3"+ and all right around 290+ lbs. Needless to say we all can eat. The wives won't eat much but that just makes more for us!!!! There'll be about 6 kids too we'll probably have left overs for the race on sunday!!!!
Kirk, typically it is a bit early to start but like I said, this has been the week from hell. In as much as the BBQ is going to be low and slow, I will adhere to the same regimin this weekend anyway!!!.

Hope the weekend's good enough to make you forget how bad the week was John.
Mango martini, huh? My wife digs martinis - she'd probably love that one. Unfortunately, she can't drink at all right now. More on that later.
Have a good one! Kirk

Yeah, it's a mix by 'Rose's Cocktail Infusions'. Pretty good stuff. 3/4 of the way through the bottle. saving the rest for tomorrow. Drinkin' cosmopolitans now. Q is progressing well!!! Peace out.

Back