Chuck Roasts and foil and holes

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I 've got two 3" thick, 5# certified angus, boneless chuck roasts. Will smoke tomorrow for a Sunday serving. Want to pull the meat... Going to use a mixture of Oak and Black Cherry. Will take to an internal temp of 165* and then foil. Will continue the cook till an internal temp of 195* then remove from WSM and let sit for at least two hours before I shred the meat. When I wrap in foil, do I add any liquid like red wine or apple juice? Do I need to punch some holes in the bottom of the foil? Is greasy meat really going to be a problem with good chuck? Does it matter if the meat is cold or room temp when I put it on? I appreciate any help. Serving to a bunch of rookie bbq fans. Thanks

Some add red wine when foiling. IMO DO NOT poke holes in the foil.The last one i did got a hole in the bottom of the foil and it was a little on the dry side. Bryan

Dave,

When I do chuck roasts, I follow the advice of Stogie (Kevin Taylor - where the heck has he been anyway?).

On his site, he says he refuses to cook them by temperature, always cooks them 3 hours/lb and the last 1/4 of the cook time in foil.

See his web site: Stogie's Website

Whether you follow that or not, I wouldn't be pokin' holes in the foil.

Good luck with your cook and welcome to TVWB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back