Choucroute Garnie

First, let me say that it's no wonder you're an MVP. Second, my birthday is in March and I'm easily accessible from I-81 or route 15.

Originally posted by j biesinger:
I went with Anthony Bourdain's recipe out of his Les Halles Cookbook.

What do you think of the Bourdain book? I ask because while I love Bourdain, and who doesn't?, he is always quick to talk down his talents as a chef. Not that he says he's a hack but he's the first to say he doesn't belong in the league with many of the celebrity chefs he delights in taking shots at. I think he published the Les Halles cookbook shortly after the success of Kitchen Confidential but before he carved out his place in the world of reality television. I think if he would answer honestly he'd never agree to publish a cookbook now.

Getting back to the topic, these photos are amazing. Hats off to you.

David

What do you think of the Bourdain book? I ask because while I love Bourdain, and who doesn't?, he is always quick to talk down his talents as a chef. Not that he says he's a hack but he's the first to say he doesn't belong in the league with many of the celebrity chefs he delights in taking shots at. I think he published the Les Halles cookbook shortly after the success of Kitchen Confidential but before he carved out his place in the world of reality television. I think if he would answer honestly he'd never agree to publish a cookbook now.

it's solid. I've made a ton of stuff out of it and it's all been good. A couple recipes in the book are locked in to our repertoire. I guess it just worked out that we bought it after Kitchen Confidential and it had a lot of recipes that we ended up having interests in: brandade, mussels, rillettes, duck confit...

Back