chimney starter is smoking

Mike Tag

TVWBB Member
used the method I saw reccommended on here a couple of days ago of putting olive oil on some of the newspaper to get it going quicker. gonna do the minion method on a 12 lb briket. will be served before and after the maroon and white spring game at A&M tomorrow.

alright, brisket is on the smoker. nothing like watching wisps of smoke emerge from the vents of your smoker. I love barbeque!

Mike, be sure to take some pics of your cook!
icon_wink.gif

I used to be a newspaper burner but since ive tried the starter cubes well, not anymore. It was a hard sell but it is just too easy.

I like to break off a small piece of a duraflame quick start log to get the chimey starter going. We use these little logs to start the wood in our fireplace. I ran out of quick start cubes and decided to try the a piece of the quick start log to get the chimey going. The duraflame log is very large and only cost about 3 dollars. One log will go a long way.

Report on the bisket: We took it down to College Station Saturday morning, Michael thought it was a little dry, but I thought it was better than his previous effort.
The people at our tailgate inhaled it.

Back