Chili, salsa and sauerkraut

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Diamond Member
Spent a good part of my day off work assembling a few goodies.
Made chili can carne, and I don’t know about all you crazies out there but chili requires beans…….I said it and I’m not changing my mind.
Got a bunch of pics, some mid steps, missed some too.
Chili.

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0749.jpeg
    IMG_0749.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0750.jpeg
    IMG_0750.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0751.jpeg
    IMG_0751.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0752.jpeg
    IMG_0752.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0761.jpeg
    IMG_0761.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 28
Also started a new water filtration system here at home……
Drank it for a while, decided to try cubes with it and low and behold they are almost crystal clear.
Here is a cocktail I made, looks good and tastes good too.
Water is now zero parts of total dissolved solids…..tastes good, different but it’s so much better than what I was used to.

Attachments

• IMG_0759.jpeg
    IMG_0759.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Kraut got its workout and I to the crock it goes…….
Measured out salt to about 2.30 to 2.50 percent……a bit of waste and a bit of salt added near the end, so we are in a range…..
It started off at exactly 2.25%…..

Attachments

• IMG_0762.jpeg
    IMG_0762.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0765.jpeg
    IMG_0765.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0764.jpeg
    IMG_0764.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0763.jpeg
    IMG_0763.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Also started a new water filtration system here at home……
Drank it for a while, decided to try cubes with it and low and behold they are almost crystal clear.
Here is a cocktail I made, looks good and tastes good too.
Water is now zero parts of total dissolved solids…..tastes good, different but it’s so much better than what I was used t
Ice cubes made with purifies water, make stalagmites, in the trays

Well, perhaps, the lower trays had the cubes stick to the tray above each a tad, that was new....
Didn't really notice an improvement in flavour but the drinks did look a whole bunch better.

Kraut got its workout and I to the crock it goes…….
Measured out salt to about 2.30 to 2.50 percent……a bit of waste and a bit of salt added near the end, so we are in a range…..
It started off at exactly 2.25%…..
Thanks for the reminder. I'm down to about a quart of Kraut and out of Kimchi. Need to get a couple of ferments going.

We enjoy the kraut a lot....we talk of making kimchi but we don't usually eat things that need kimchi.
I guess we could use it like the kraut.....when not eating it with a sausage or whatever we will try to get a mouth full everyday.
Good for the guts, and the juice tastes good too.
Takes a bout a month when I make it but it all depends on how thick you cut the cabbage and how soft you want it to be when done.
I have a year old jar in the fridge still, flavour and smell changes but it is still good.

Last edited:
We enjoy the kraut a lot....we talk of making kimchi but we don't usually eat things that need kimchi.
I guess we could use it like the kraut.....when not eating it with a sausage or whatever we will try to get a mouth full everyday.
Good for the guts, and the juice tastes good too.
Takes a bout a monht when I make it but it all depends on how thick you cut the cabbage and how soft you want it to be when done.
I have a year old jar in the fridge still, flavour and smell changes but it is still good.
I like it mixed into tuna salad. (50/50) Also great in a Bloody Mary or on top of a pulled pork sammich instead of slaw.

Back