Chilean needs help to decide wich grill buy

ManuelRojas

Hi guys,

just arrived at this forum after looking for information about weber genesis II info on reddit and other sites.

I'm from Chile, South America, here gas grills are not popular at all, everyone uses charcoal or wood to make bbq (asados here), but at my 35 y/o i'm looking for more comfort when grilling, so i'm in the market looking for a good gas grill to buy to my new patio. I'm tired of end smoked lighting the fire to make a couple of steaks for me and my wife, she doesn't like the smoke neither so always ended alone cooking. So after give it some tought i realize that a gas grill fits better my needs.

here in Chile there are not too many models to choose from, the more inexpensives ones looks really bad quality, even if they add a million of burners and other things, so i looked towards weber, the old classic, company installed here in Chile with good customer support and variety of models. so the genesis II with 4 burners seems a really good option, give me more cooking space when i'm with my friends - family, and comes with a rotisserie and a rain cover for USD 1.200 (usually you can find it with 20% or 30% off). but after reading and reading about gas grills (new world to me) i ended with the next questions:

- is the weber rotisserie add on worth it? works well?
- i loved the napoleon prestige 500 but here in Chile cost USD $3.600 and isn't even the new model , it really worth that?
- there is any cover or screen to hide the gas tank in the genesis II ? i know that weber sells a fabric cover to it but there is nothing better? like a type of mesh or something?
- looked for the smoker box from napoleon and it looks pretty efective, anyone has smoked something on the gas grill? works fine?
- the new genesis gonna be launched in 2023 here in Chile, i should wait for it? beside the bigger warming rack and the taller rotisserie insert, worth the wait (and the overprice)?
- and finally, there is any rear burner for a genesis II? some class of third party add on or anything like the summit rear burner?

This is the grill sold here in Chile:
https://www.weber.com/CL/es/parrill...rrillas-genesis-ii/18398.html?cgid=40#start=1

i thank you all in advance and forgive my english too.

if i can help with any information about my country or how we bbq here., i'll be glad to help.

Chao!

Your English is better than my Spanish lol. So I can def recommend the Weber Q series, here we have a Q3200, full size 2 burner grill great size for patio and very power and versatile. I dont see it on your Site, so it may not be available. Q3200. it also comes w the mesh you are speaking of to hide tank. . Genesis are nice, but the ones w cabinets tend to rust out. Ive cooked for 30+ people on my 3 burner numerous times, gotta do burgers and brats in shifts but its cool. Rotisseries work better on the older genesis w East West facing burners, I havent done it on the newer ones so im not sure, but assume itll work fine. im not aware of any 3rd party rear burners for rotisserie. The new napoleons are really nice and if I was in the market for new theyd be right at the top of the list. I use a smoke box on my gas grill when Im smoking stuff, it has worked fine but I had better results on my charcoal grill. I havent seen the new Genesis in person so ill reserve judgement until I do. Hopefully I answered your questions. this place is a wealth of knowledge

- is the weber rotisserie add on worth it? works well?
Rotisserie is a great add if you plan to use it.
- i loved the napoleon prestige 500 but here in Chile cost USD $3.600 and isn't even the new model , it really worth that?
I just watched a side by side with the Napolean 500 and the 2022 Genesis three burner. I liked the Napoleon a bit better, but not that much better. Check out this thread: https://tvwbb.com/threads/napoleon-prestige-vs-new-weber-genesis.90210/
- there is any cover or screen to hide the gas tank in the genesis II ? i know that weber sells a fabric cover to it but there is nothing better? like a type of mesh or something?
I don't know if there is anything other than the black tank cover that Weber sells to hide the tank.
- looked for the smoker box from napoleon and it looks pretty efective, anyone has smoked something on the gas grill? works fine?
I have no experience here.
- the new genesis gonna be launched in 2023 here in Chile, i should wait for it? beside the bigger warming rack and the taller rotisserie insert, worth the wait (and the overprice)?
I am sure the price will go up some, but it does have some improvements over the current Genesis

- and finally, there is any rear burner for a genesis II? some class of third party add on or anything like the summit rear burner?
I know of no add on rear burners.
This is the grill sold here in Chile:
https://www.weber.com/CL/es/parrill...rrillas-genesis-ii/18398.html?cgid=40#start=1

i thank you all in advance and forgive my english too.

if i can help with any information about my country or how we bbq here., i'll be glad to help.

Chao!

thank you both for answering!

Your English is better than my Spanish lol. So I can def recommend the Weber Q series, here we have a Q3200, full size 2 burner grill great size for patio and very power and versatile. I dont see it on your Site, so it may not be available. Q3200. it also comes w the mesh you are speaking of to hide tank. . Genesis are nice, but the ones w cabinets tend to rust out. Ive cooked for 30+ people on my 3 burner numerous times, gotta do burgers and brats in shifts but its cool. Rotisseries work better on the older genesis w East West facing burners, I havent done it on the newer ones so im not sure, but assume itll work fine. im not aware of any 3rd party rear burners for rotisserie. The new napoleons are really nice and if I was in the market for new theyd be right at the top of the list. I use a smoke box on my gas grill when Im smoking stuff, it has worked fine but I had better results on my charcoal grill. I havent seen the new Genesis in person so ill reserve judgement until I do. Hopefully I answered your questions. this place is a wealth of knowledge

it looks a little small for my needs, in Chile we not grill burgers so often , we usually grill big pieces of beef or steaks with pork and sausages (longaniza y chorizo too) so i need space to manage diferent levels of heat.

the weber gas grill lineup here in Chile is this atm (US$ 1.000 = CLP$ 800.000):

1.JPG
2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

it looks a little small for my needs, in Chile we not grill burgers so often , we usually grill big pieces of beef or steaks with pork and sausages (longaniza y chorizo too) so i need space to manage diferent levels of heat.

the weber gas grill lineup here in Chile is this atm (US$ 1.000 = CLP$ 800.000):

View attachment 45999
View attachment 46000View attachment 46001View attachment 46002
Oh then genesis would be fine. 3 or 4 burners

View attachment 45999
View attachment 46000View attachment 46001View attachment 46002
Hi, the Genesis has a shroud for the propane tank. It’s the gray panel on the lower right side of the picture.

The 4 burner is pretty big for a Weber. You can get another brand that’s larger for less money but not the same quality in my opinion.

Hi, the Genesis has a shroud for the propane tank. It’s the gray panel on the lower right side of the picture.

The 4 burner is pretty big for a Weber. You can get another brand that’s larger for less money but not the same quality in my opinion.

thanks for answer, yep it has this shroud but it doesn't cover the entire propane tank. i'd like to cover it since it will not look that cool with my patio layout.

here in Chile sell some Kenmore and char-broil grills but i always prefer spend more money in something better once, that buy twice. have any opinions on that brands?

@ManuelRojas is there room on your patio for both a gas grill and your charcoal grill?

I have both and like to cook on both for different things.

It also gives flexibility to cook at different temperatures.

It may also mean a 3 burner gas grill is big enough.

@ManuelRojas is there room on your patio for both a gas grill and your charcoal grill?

I have both and like to cook on both for different things.

It also gives flexibility to cook at different temperatures.

It may also mean a 3 burner gas grill is big enough.

I already have a kettle (not weber but pretend to upgrade soon) and i pretend to buy a coffee table with a fire place in the middle so you can use it to make some smores or put a grill on it and make a bbq, so plenty of charcoal grilling space. The idea is to avoid the charcoal ignition because wife doesn't like too much, but we men love the fire ritual, drinking some beers waiting for the charcoal to be ready to drop the meat is something special.

i will give a second tought about the 4 burner, i haven't see it yet so maybe with the grill on hands is different. besides the 3 grill genesis II is like $100 bucks less than the 4B.

Thanks for answering

if I were buying last years model, I would buy the E-335. I own a 2016 E 330 and it is similar in layout to last years E-335

I like the three burner plus sear burner.
I like the side burner.
I like cast iron grates.

Some prefer thick round stainless grates. I'd probably be happy with 9mm stainless steel grates too, however I'm happy with my cast iron grates.

Below is a link to the E- 335.

1645646099583.png

Last edited:
Check out Broil King Chile!

there is no website to look for models, just a email, already asked for a catalog to look for the models, they look really nice and have everything that i wanted but at more reasonable pricepoint (at least in the US), these have good quality like the webers?

if I were buying last years model, I would buy the E-335. I own a 2016 E 330 and it is similar in layout to last years E-335

I like the three burner plus sear burner.
I like the side burner.
I like cast iron grates.

Some prefer thick round stainless grates. I'd probably be happy with 9mm stainless steel grates too, however I'm happy with my cast iron grates.

Below is a link to the E- 335.

View attachment 46003

i'm looking for the exact same one but with four burners, seems like a good deal, the one diference is that here in Chile the grates include the gbs system (the grate is separated in 3 with a circle shape in the middle like the MT kettle) , besides that is just the same.

Personally I'd get a Jumbo Joe or Smokey Joe and a Q1200 gasser. That way you have the Q1200 for cooking the wife's stuff over propane but you could also do a small cook on the Jumbo Joe so you still get to burn stuff and get that charcoal flavor you love. Both are very easy to maintain and clean. And, the added benefit is both are portable so you can take your grilling party (gas or charcoal) on the road with you. I also use my Jumbo Joe as a portable firepit as well.

And, here in America it would be less than $300 for both grills.

Edit: Looking at the Weber site for your country, it would be about $415 for both the Q1200 with a cart, and a Jumbo Joe.

1645647440106.png

1645647483564.png

Last edited:
there is no website to look for models, just a email, already asked for a catalog to look for the models, they look really nice and have everything that i wanted but at more reasonable pricepoint (at least in the US), these have good quality like the webers?
Yes, I have several Broil Kings, and Weber’s.

i'm looking for the exact same one but with four burners, seems like a good deal, the one diference is that here in Chile the grates include the gbs system (the grate is separated in 3 with a circle shape in the middle like the MT kettle) , besides that is just the same.

last year (2021) model would be the E-435 for enamel or the S-435 with a sear burner and a side burner.

Not sure on model numbers for 2022.

I'm also not sure I would like GBS grates. Seems like they would be harder to clean. I'm also not sure how well they would work on a gas grill.

last year (2021) model would be the E-435 for enamel or the S-435 with a sear burner and a side burner.

Not sure on model numbers for 2022.

I'm also not sure I would like GBS grates. Seems like they would be harder to clean. I'm also not sure how well they would work on a gas grill.
Saddly here in chile i can’t find the steel grates even with the s435. But not a big deal there is too many people here who works with SS , so always can find somebody to make them to the measures.

Yes, I have several Broil Kings, and Weber’s.
The mail adress isn’t working anymore, i found an Instagram account, wrote them a time ago we’ll see. It seems that they tríed to sell here in Chile just in 2020 then , covid happened , i hope they answer

Edit: They don't sell here in Chile in every other country but twice the price compared to the weber's genesis.

Last edited:
Hi guys!!! After many months later i finally bought my first weber (and my first gas grill) . I have decided in the end for the spirit ii 3 burners i found a great deal here in Chile (400 usd) believe me, was the better price that i found in more than a year of looking for grills.

I just finished my first grilling, some striploin, bbq wings, and some onions and mushrooms (i overcooked them lol but were great anyway) and i cant be more satisfied with the results, is easy at it gets, after grilling in charcoal my whole life , gas is much more convinient.

Here are some photos, cheers and thx for the help

Attachments

• 978F4BE8-5512-44B0-8BEB-6E4D709D1D26.jpeg
    978F4BE8-5512-44B0-8BEB-6E4D709D1D26.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 73C9AC9F-B3BD-4613-B235-A8852020D1E2.jpeg
    73C9AC9F-B3BD-4613-B235-A8852020D1E2.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 22

Back