Chicken & Ribs?

Jason B

TVWBB Fan
Hi folks,

Planning on trying my hand at the BRITU recipe for my first ever ribs. Also plan on doing some whole chicken breasts and boneless chicken breasts (wife doesnt like eating meat off the bone for some reason)....

Question: Should I plan on the ribs taking about 5 hours and the chicken taking about 2 hours? Cook the ribs on the top grate and when the times comes put the chicken on the lower grate?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh btw, going for a 5-6pm dinner time so planned to start around noon.

Are you using Baby Backs or Spares? If using spares it will be longer than 5 hrs. Baby Backs i would say 5-6 hrs and spares 6-7 hrs. Will you be using foil cause that will speed up the cooking time also. 2 hrs might be a little long for the boneless breasts. Never cooked just breasts on the WSM i usually do them on the 22.5" kettle.
icon_smile.gif

Baby backs....

Hadn't given the foil a lot of thought. I guess I need to research the 3-2-1 method? I don't think I saw any mention of foil in the BRITU recipe though.

Foil is a matter of your taste and cooking style. Some here like it some don't. Search for foil and britu and you'll get some past threads. Basically, you foil them to speed the cooking. Some say it keeps them tender and moist.

I personally don't foil, but I do mostly spares. BB might benefit from foil more because they have less initial fat.

About BRITU, I liked it. Some say it is too salty. Don't over do the rub. Less can be more.

Good luck. Have fun. Q-on!

AR

Back