Chicken Question?

NeilH

TVWBB Emerald Member
If you were to pull a chicken out of some brine to grill, what seasoning or sauce would you use to maximize the flavor? Also, would you dry and coat with olive oil? Quick, you only have an hour before it goes on.

What was in the brine salt, water and sugar? Then I would use BBQ sauce. If just salt and water, Rosemary, olive oil, garlic, and black pepper. Just a quick answer.

I ended up covering in olive oil and kickin chicken for the cook, then finished with tiger sauce. The brine was sugar and salt for about three hours. Turned out good. Thanks for the replies!!!

Last edited:
I ended up covering in olive oil and kickin chicken for the cook, then finished with tiger sauce. The brine was sugar and salt for about three hours. Turned out good. Thanks for the replies!!!
No pictures means it didn't happen.

Ever tried a dry brine? I love doing that and I find that the meat doesn't get that "hammy" texture and the skin also stays crispier without having the let it dry out uncovered in the fridge. I just rub the meat down with kosher salt and leave it uncovered in the fridge for 10-12 hours and then it's ready for whatever other spices you have to rub on it. The only thing is you have to be careful about the other spices and rubs having salt in them, because you might end up with a salt lick for a piece of meat. Also have to get the salt under the skin or else your just gonna have brined chicken skin and no dry brining on that awesome chicken meat. :D

Back