Chicken Parts and Jalopeno Poppers

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
We decided to wrap up the Holiday Weekend with grilled chicken parts and Jalopeno Poppers. I set up the grill with my standard indirect - two fire bricks separating the fire from the rest of the grill. Since I just recently picked up a couple of the Weber Grill Packs I used the grill spray - great (or should I say GRATE?:rolleyes:) stuff, by the way. I also decided to try the included Kick'n Chicken seasoning as well as the BBQ sauce. We brined the chicken about thirty minutes, then patted dry, oiled with extra virgin olive oil and liberally applied the seasoning. It has a bit of heat to it, so if some in your family are sensitive you might want to go easy with it. I LOVED it.

I put the Poppers on about ten minutes before the chicken to insure that they would be done (as it turned out I needn't have bothered as the poppers were done about the same time as the chicken). I turned the poppers and chicken after about two thirds of the cook time. I pulled the poppers, then sauced the chicken with the Webers sauce and let them go another five minutes to set the sauce.

Super good, IMO and that seaoning and sauce will be added to my active list.

Used the gas start on the re-habbed Performer (flat out LOVE the gas assist - three minutes under the chimney, turn the gas off and give it another 17 minutes and time to dump the coals:

Chicken and poppers on the grill:

On the platter and ready to go:

Thanks for lookin',

Keep on smokin'
Dale53:wsm:

P.S. Notice that the Performer is dirty again - I ran out of cleaning solution until tomorrow. I assure you, it will NOT stay dirty!:o rdm

Last edited:
You sure are getting some good use out of that Performer.

That looks great.

I bought some chicken legs to cook today as well but I got busy and never did them. Looking at those pics makes me wish I had.

Back