Chicken breasts

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I cooked 18 skinless (bones on) chicken breasts on the WSM yesterday. I used the rub recipe from Smoke & spice and mopped
with the Citrus sauce for the last 10 minutes. It took about 3 - 3.5 hours
at a temp of about 200 - 205. The rub
kind of made its own skin penetrating about
1/16 of an inch into the meat. After letting
them sit for 10 mins to cool down I pulled one apart and the juices came flowin out!
...and I was worried about them drying out!
HA! The WSM is great!

I used mostly Oak and a little Mesquite as that is all I had available. Half a ring of royal Oak. I then finished off the cook with
fajitas and a tiny piece of Brisket. (2 Lbs)
The little flat turned out great and the Fajitas tasted good but still a little tough.
The chicken was the Highlight of the day.

I am going to work on a glaze for the last
10 mins of cook time and these will be perfect. Thanks for listening.

------------------
Couch Potato

I love Chicken on the WSM also... Hey Couch, which rub did you use on from Smoke and Spice? I also did some chicken on mine over the weekend, along with some of the BEST ribs you have ever tasted... I used the Quick Chick recipe... My wife thought they were a little too spicy, but that could just be that my "pinch" of cayenne pepper was bigger than hers would have been...
Later,
Gary Smith in Searcy, AR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gary Smith:
I love Chicken on the WSM also... Hey Couch, which rub did you use on from Smoke and Spice? I also did some chicken on mine over the weekend, along with some of the BEST ribs you have ever tasted... I used the Quick Chick recipe... My wife thought they were a little too spicy, but that could just be that my "pinch" of cayenne pepper was bigger than hers would have been...
Later,
Gary Smith in Searcy, AR
</font> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used the Quick Chick also. For the "pinch"
of cayenne I went with 1/8 Teaspoon and it was just about right.

Did you use a recipe from Smoke & spice for the ribs or did you go with BRITU.

------------------
Couch Potato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back