Chicken Breast on each rack

John E.

I would like to know if anyone has cooked chicken breast, with bone in, on both racks. About how long did it take? Any problems with drying out on the lower rack. I was goign to fill up the WSM an cook away allday to eat today and to freeze the rest. Any help would be nice.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Thank you,
John
ozarkone@aol.com
PS I am on th4eway to the store to stock up right now!
PSS THANK TO ALL OF YOU VETS FOR MAKING IT SAFE AND FREE HERE TO BE ABLE TO BBQ WHEN AND HOW I WANT TO! I WILL ADD ON ANOTHER TO THE GRILL IN HONER OF YOU! I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR US!

John

I've not cooked that many bone-in breast, but I don't believe you'll have a problem. If you like crispy skin, you'll need to cook at a higher temp, around 325, and to do that you'll need an empty waterpan. I would foil the inside for easier clean-up. When I do it that way I usually use a kettle but your time would be 45-60 min. Without water in the pan you'll have a radiant effect and those on the bottom may cook faster. To be moist, you need to pull at around 160.

If you go low/slow, my guess woould be 1 1/2 to 2 hours, but internal temp is the key. With water in the pan, the lower rack will be a little cooler.

Have a great cookout.

Paul

Thanks for the information. I am getting everything ready to go on right now. I will give back what I have information on when I am finished. Safeway had chicken breast wiht bones and rib meat on for $.99# here so I went and stocked up on a lot to freeze and cook now.
Everyone have qa wonderful day today!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back