Chicken Breast Again??? Help me with some marinades

Taylor_Hamilton

My wife is OBSESSED with chicken breast and I think it taste terrible (Id prefer fried, buffaloed or dark meat). Any help with some good marinades to kick up the dry, flavorless chix breast?

Thanks and LETS GO A's!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do this indoors or on your grill. Heat some peanut oil to frying temperature in a cast iron skillet.
Take boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinse them in cold water and roll them in Louisiana seasoned
fish fry. Fry them in your peanut oil. You can cut the breast up some before breading, they will cook faster.
Use real peanut oil, and Louisiana Seasoned Fish Fry. Don't cheap out or it wont be good. You won't need a
marinade with this and it will be juicy. Enjoy!

My go-to preparations are either Italian dressing or brined (see the cooking topics section on the main page) and then rubbed with something salt-free.

You can do this indoors or on your grill. Heat some peanut oil to frying temperature in a cast iron skillet.
Take boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinse them in cold water and roll them in Louisiana seasoned
fish fry. Fry them in your peanut oil. You can cut the breast up some before breading, they will cook faster.
Use real peanut oil, and Louisiana Seasoned Fish Fry. Don't cheap out or it wont be good. You won't need a
marinade with this and it will be juicy. Enjoy!

This sounds really good....worth a try. I have almost all the ingredients too ;)

Start of with a natural breast(stay away from those enchanted/tendered ones) Rub it up good with a tasty one(Penzy´s northwood is a good example) Or just marinate in a Roadside/cornell mix and baste a few times during cooking. Pull around 170f internal. If you go over a medium fire the breast can handle direct heat. Around10-12 min/side. Or go hot and indirect with a direct finish to add some color.

I betya that it will be juicy and no way near boring.

*edit* - Lid on!

Last edited:
Taylor,

We do them plenty, too. My favorite (natural breasts, too, please) is to season the meat just before grilling over high heat. Pound the breasts to even thickness; we like the 1/2 to 3/4 size. Have a pot of melted butter with lots of chopped basil in it, enough to almost be a paste. Baste the chicken on both sides before grilling, then baste the "top" side every minute or two after beginning to grill. The first side will only take a handful of minutes to sear and finish, then flip and continue to baste side two. The butter/basil provides a simple barrier to the drying effect of the heat. Don't over-cook or the effort it wasted. This is a quick grill, and we love it.

I use this for pork and chicken. gives a nice flavor but can burn if you dont watch it.

Newmans own sesame ginger salad dressing
sriracha
hoisin sauce
Kikkoman Teriyaki & Glaze Baste

I get a gallon zipplock bag throw the meat in.
Pour enough of the newmans to cover
then enought of the next three to know they are in there. Never measured but I'd say about 1/4th cup.

Let it sit for a couple hrs.

Whole family likes it even the kidds as long as it doesnt get to burnt.

Back