Cherry,Apple,Exotic Woods Where to find

I order them from Cabelas. Go to there website and search for Woold Chunks. 8.99 for ten pounds and really cheap shipping. I have always been happy with them.

BBQ Galore has a Memorial Day sale going on and their chunk wood is $1 off (now $6.99). Shipping on a single bag is nearly as much as the wood but you can get up to three bags for the same shipping ($5.95). The next level would be 7 bags for $8.95 shipping.

Alternatively, you could find somebody with fruit tress and see if they'll let you have the trimmings. I know of a forum member living near Peoria who posts here when he's got prunings available.

Edit: FYI, I just tried Cabela's site and some of the chunk varieties are back ordered. Just thought folks would like to know.

You might like to try guava wood from Hawaii.

It has some qualities like apple but mild sweet smokey flavor, grat with chicken, pork and fish.

Try the flavor of Hawaii in you BBQ!

Aloha!

Greg Kemp

Any idea how many lbs a bag of chunks from BBQ Galore is? Site does not mention anything about how much you get for your money...
Jamie

I want to say 10 lbs. I have three bags of the stuff at home but I can't remember exactly. If you're putting your average amount of chunks on your fire, one bag will probably last for probably three cooks.

Back