Chef IQ

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Wondering if anyone else is using these Chef IQ thermometers? I have the one(s) I bought at Costco. It's the 2 probe set. Overall other than too busy of a GUI and like that. It keeps having one recurring issue. It will shut it's base off by itself. Then everything loses it's communications and I have to start everything all over again.
It's driving me nuts because other than WAY too much going on with the interface I am really liking it. So much so I actually bought 2 sets, one as a gift to my SIL.
So just curious if I am the only one who owns/uses one, and having an issue

Wondering if anyone else is using these Chef IQ thermometers? I have the one(s) I bought at Costco. It's the 2 probe set. Overall other than too busy of a GUI and like that. It keeps having one recurring issue. It will shut it's base off by itself. Then everything loses it's communications and I have to start everything all over again.
It's driving me nuts because other than WAY too much going on with the interface I am really liking it. So much so I actually bought 2 sets, one as a gift to my SIL.
So just curious if I am the only one who owns/uses one, and having an issue
I got the same one for Father’s Day. Used it once and had to move the base around because it would loose signal. Once I figured out a spot, it worked good.

Did not see the issue you described.

Reported temperatures were spot on (checked with Thermopen).

Yeah no issues with temps. Confirmed with my Thermo Pro's, and my Thermoworks units, and they agree with the grill's own probes and sensors so, on that note quite pleased. But this is not signal loss (save for Bluetooth). The base just literally shuts itself off

Will admit that I still use an igrill 2 from before Weber bought them. It’s never had an issue.

Do plan on trying the IQ probe with the rotisserie.

Back