Charcoal Starters

Bob Bailey

TVWBB Guru
Anybody tried the fire starters from Melt Candle Co.?
Found a pack of 160 on Amazon for $14.95 and couldn't pass it up. Got the kettle put away for the winter, so it'll be awhile before I try them out.

Wait, WHAT? Put away for the winter? Oh, that's just crazy talk. Me, I grill year 'round, I'll fire up the smoker well below 0 F for a long smoke. I may not live in International Falls, but it does get just a tad nippy here over the winter.

Honestly, I've never tried any of the wax cube starters. I have enough news print around and a squirt bottle of vegetable oil that seem to work pretty well.

Put away for the winter?! I didn't even know there was such a thing! If you want send em to me and I'll let ya know if it was money well spent or just wasted!
I do grill all year round, but my old bones, some replaced with metal, don't take to cold very well, so the pellet grill is my go to during the winter. The kettle almost put the pellet pooper into storage during the Summer, so it's not a mater of preference, but comfort. I appreciate the offer, but respectfully decline :D
Middle of October!
First snow this morning.

I do grill all year round, but my old bones, some replaced with metal, don't take to cold very well, so the pellet grill is my go to during the winter. The kettle almost put the pellet pooper into storage during the Summer, so it's not a mater of preference, but comfort. I appreciate the offer, but respectfully decline :D

First snow this morning.
Lol. I do the opposite. I have the pellet grill put away for the winter but keep the WSM and the kettle out. Honestly I could go without my pellet grill and probably wouldn't miss a beat

Back